Friday 11 May 2012

Music videos I Love.

I've always loved music videos and have wasted away a silly amount of time watching them. They don't have to be well shot, have a huge budget or even have a good idea behind them. I just believe that they need to fit the song perfectly whilst adding an extra element to the tune. Here is a small collection of some of the ones that always stick out in my mind. Enjoy.

Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
Just sit there, sing the song and the rest will be done in post editing, mwhahaha. A chilling video that is top of my list because it's my favourite.

The Temper Trap - Love Lost
I wish my P.E. classes went more like this. I think I would of enjoyed school a lot more.

Volcano, I'm Still Excited!! - In Green 
Just stand there and sing whilst I'll film you with my Dad's camcorder. Sound good? Sweet. Also, this way, we'll have enough money for beers afterwards. And you, yeah, you at the back. Don't forget to eat pizza halfway through.

Minus The Bear - Knights
Just keep an eye out for all the cool shit that goes on in this video.

TV On The Radio - Staring At The Sun
This song should of been called, 'Staring At A Crazy Disco Video That Gives Me The Chills'.

Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
Because the Beastie Boys are gods, the world has agreed on this there's been meetings about it, they are able to get anyone to do their bidding. This video is proof of their power to not only write amazing music but to get celebrities to say "how high" when they say jump. R.I.P MCA

Beirut - Elephant Gun
Ukulele's are cool and having a group of people dressed up like they're in a 17th century French brothel, dance in sequence whilst you strum at the uke's strings, is even cooler.

Broken Social Scene - 7/4 Shoreline
Dance! Go on, dance your ass off and be merry whilst feeling extremely cool that you are listening to an amazing band.

Dinosaur Jr. - Feel The Pain
This video is basically a visualised dream of mine and I don't even like golf but if it was played like this I'd be a pro by now.

Dismemberment Plan - Time Bomb
I find this video oddly memorising and I still can't put my finger on why.

Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
Feeling down? Life getting on top of you? Watch this. It has more power of supplying happiness than a beautiful summers day.

Folded Light - Train Tracks At Dawn
Tell you what. You watch it and tell me what you think because this video always leaves me speechless.

Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul
This video is for anyone who has been dumped. The script (yes there's talking in it) is spot on and there's a disgustingly beautiful surprise in it. Pure genius.

DJ Format - We Know Something You Don't Know
So what can we do that'll stir things up a little...hmmm...I know, let's get J5, dress them up in comical animal costumes and get them to MC to a low camera angle Beastie Boys style...done!

Lightyear - Pack Of Dogs
Is this the worst or the best music video ever? I just can't decide.

Motion City Soundtrack - My Favourite Accident
Can't we do something more than just us playing in a room? That's been done by every band on the planet! Ok, how about we mix it with scenes of you breaking up with a dude in a giant pink bunny suit, how's that sound? Sweet, let's do it.

No Age - Fever Dreaming
Dude, the world is getting smaller and breaking all of our shit and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the end of us! Shut it and keep playing! If we're going out, we're going out playing an awesome song.

Timber Timbre - Demon Host
Holy shit! Did this band just walk over my grave?

No comments:

Post a Comment